Beyond the consummation of all perfection
I have seen the consummation of all perfection, But Your commandment is exceedingly broad.
Topic: The Indescribable Gift.
2 Corinthians 9:10-15
10 Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness, 11 while you are enriched in everything for all liberality, which causes thanksgiving through us to God. 12 For the administration of this service not only supplies the needs of the saints, but also is abounding through many thanksgivings to God, 13 while, through the proof of this ministry, they glorify God for the obedience of your confession to the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal sharing with them and all men, 14 and by their prayer for you, who long for you because of the exceeding grace of God in you. 15 Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
1. What is The gift?
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eternal Life // Relationship with God
John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
We all need salvation
Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord.
How we get salvation
Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
What happens when we are saved?
2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as ]by the Spirit of the Lord.
The promises to the churches Revelation 1-3
1. Revelation 2:7 To the one who is victorious,I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.
2. Revelation 2:11 The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death.
3. Revelation 2:17 To the one who is victorious,I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it.
4. Revelation 2:26 To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations—27 that one ‘will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery’[b]—just as I have received authority from my Father. 28 I will also give that one the morning star.
5. Revelation 3:5 The one who is victorious will be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.
6. Revelation 3:12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.
7. Revelation 3:21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.
• Citizenship of paradise
• Authority over nations
• Irrevocable inclusion
• We will be established and given security clearance
• We are given the right to sit on the throne of the UNIVERSE
2. The Gift is Sure
Let’s dig into Eternal Security or “The preservation of the saints”
There is a great debate. Can a christian lose their salvation?
- Those who are born again are incorruptible.
1 Peter 1:23 "For you have been born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, through the living and enduring word of God."
- But what about christians who sin?
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
How do we reconcile this? The new creation does not sin, the old creation does sin.
1 John 3:8-9 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
Galatians 5:24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Matthew 10:38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
Those who leave the church, were never saved in the first place.
1 John 2:19 “They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
3. The preaching of the Gift MUST be done in the power of the Spirit.
1 Corinthians 2:1-4 “And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. 2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3 I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. 4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5 so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.”
Commit to being the LIVING description of the indescribable gift