LIFE IN ALL IT'S FULLNESS
John 10:10 “ I have come that you might have life, and that you might have life more abundantly”.
Abundance of life, this full quota of life as we see in the scripture above is God’s will for us. As we saw in week one by applying the how?, what?, why?, when? and who? Journalistic questions we can create and develop an understanding of a Biblical big picture of life. As we saw in week two from Esther, Life in the natural and supernatural is a gift from God. This week, we are delving into the promise and the premise that true to God’s character, this gift of life has extensive and expansive substance to it. It is of great intrigue and insight to realize that this promise was made in the context of Jesus revealing himself as God, the Good Shepherd. We can take it, know that in order to receive and enter into all that God has for us in this life and life beyond the grave. We need to be a follower.
To be a follower of Jesus the Good Shepherd is to be a disciple. This happens as God works from the inside out through the loving power of His Holy Spirit quickening the full counsel of His word to us and from the outside in through creation, circumstances of life and with the assistance of God’s delegated leadership and His people in general - especially those with a good discipleship track record of their own.
Circumstances of Life
1 Timothy 3:1-13
1 Peter 5:1-5
- It is immeasurable quantities and quality of vibrant, virtuous, vintage relational ecstasy with God and one another.
- In short we all need to belong. When we turn to God, and engage in all He commands us to obey, we do not just belong but we get to experience the “breadth, length, depth and height” of God’s love – Ephesians 3:14-21
THAT LOVE IS
- epitomized by Jesus going to, through and staying true on the cross. Romans 5:9 -10
- shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given to us - Romans 5:5
- received when we die to ourselves - John 3: 16, Galatians 2:20, Romans 6:4
- released when we give of ourselves – John 15:13, Galations 1:4, Ephesians 5:25, 2 Timothy 2:6
- by which Biblical faith works – Galatians 5:6
- Brought to us by hearing, and hearing from the word of God in which is life, the life that is the light of men – Romans 10: 17 and John 1:4
- The Light of the world that is ignited by the life in God’s word, John 1:1-4,
- The beginning and the end and everything in between in regard to life eternal. John 17:3, God is Love so to have relationship with God is to have relationship with love.
Biblically informed Decision
- Do we have eternal Life?
- Are we growing in our relationship with Jesus?